How to calculate a percentage using the percentage (%) button.
The most inportant thing to remember when calculating percentages is that your calculator works in decimals. Therefore, to find a percentage, you must use either a decimal equivalent or the percentage button to get a correct answer. You could also multiply by 100 if you prefer. This video shows you haw you can calculate percentages using the percentage button or function. This is a second function which you can access by pressing SHIFt and then the left bracket or parentheses "(" .
In the video, we find 15% of 480 using the percentage button. Input 15 and then pres SHIFt and then (. The percentage sign should appear on screen.
The operator we need to use when we we want to find the percentage OF an amount is Multiply. Of mean multiply in mathematics. Then input 480 and that gives us our answer of 72.
The video then looks at increasing or decreasing by a percentage, in this example 550g is increased by 22%. We can use a percentage multiplier as follows. If 550 represents 100% or our original total then we want an extra 22%, essentiall we want to find 122% in total.
100% + 22% = 122%
Input 122 and press SHIFT and ( for the % sign. Multiply by 550 and it takes you straight to the answer, 671g.
- Using Normal Distribution Mode on Casio Classwiz with Normal Random Variables To Find Probabilities
- First Look – Numworks Graphing Calculator
- How The Casio Classwiz Deals With This Famous Viral Problem
- Calculator Requirements for A-Level Maths 2017
- Solving Linear Simultaneous Equations with Two Unknowns & Storing The Solutions