Solve A Quadratic Equation Using The Classwiz Polynomial Solver
This video shows you how to use the Casio Classwiz's polynomial solver to solve a quadratic equation. It also gives the turning point (minimum or maximum) of the graph. You can access the solver by entering the Menu and selecting Equation/Func. You then have two options. The simultaneous equation solver or the polynomial solver. Select 2 and you have a choice of solving polynomials up to degree of 4, (x to the power of four). Again, select 2 for a quadratic, and you will access the input screen.
On the input screen, input the coefficients of your x squared, x and number (x^0) term. The solver will then give you two solutions labelled X1 and X2. The exception to this is if you have an equal or repeated root, where the solver will yield one result. The polynomial then gives you the x and y coordinate of the turning point of the graph. This can be useful, not only for graph sketching, but for putting the quadratic equation into completed square form.
- Using Normal Distribution Mode on Casio Classwiz with Normal Random Variables To Find Probabilities
- First Look – Numworks Graphing Calculator
- How The Casio Classwiz Deals With This Famous Viral Problem
- Calculator Requirements for A-Level Maths 2017
- Solving Linear Simultaneous Equations with Two Unknowns & Storing The Solutions